- When you’re out campaigning, be sure to take along some absentee ballot request forms (available here).
- Remind voters to fill out the new “ID Number” section.
- If you have any forms left over from previous years, use them for scratch paper. They’re not consistent with the Voter ID law.
- The County Auditor’s office will begin accepting absentee ballot requests for the November election on July 9.
- For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
The GOP state convention has nominated Jeremy Davis of Ames for State Treasurer.
Randy Ray is running for the Iowa House of Representatives in District 68 in eastern Linn County, including Bertram, Ely, and part of Marion.
Here is the schedule for the 2018 caucuses and conventions:
Monday, February 5: Precinct Caucuses
Saturday, March 10: County Convention
Saturday March 17: District Standing Committees meet
Saturday, April 28: District Convention
Saturday, May 5: State Standing Committees meet
Saturday, June 16: State Convention
County Auditor Joel Miller and Deputy Commissioner of Elections Rebecca Stonawski explained Iowa’s new Voter ID law at the May 16 Central Committee meeting, and provided this Powerpoint presentation.